Donate to Humanity for Prisoners
Ensuring the future
With compassion for Michigan’s imprisoned, Humanity for Prisoners provides, promotes and ensures—with strategic partnerships— personalized, problem-solving services for incarcerated persons in order to alleviate suffering beyond the just administration of their sentences.
The Sweet Freedom Legacy Circle was established in 2019 to acknowledge and thank those friends and supporters who have committed to carrying forward the Humanity for Prisoners mission through their planned gifts and to encourage and inspire others to do the same.
Honoring the founders
Doug Tjapkes formed the organization in 2001 based on a dream of his best friend, Maurice Carter, who had been behind bars for 29 years for a crime he did not commit. It was Maurice’s goal to convert this negative into a positive and serve as an advocate for all prisoners with special needs. The two of them planned to work together upon his release from prison. While Maurice passed away soon after his release, Doug met this challenge and founded HFP.
Doug authored a book telling of his ten-year relationship with Maurice and their epic battle for justice entitled, Sweet Freedom.
As a member of the Sweet Freedom Legacy Circle you will receive:
• an autographed copy of Sweet Freedom
• recognition in our newsletter and on our website (optional)
• VIP invitations to all HFP events, including an annual membership celebration
Here is how you join!
• Arrange for a gift
• Notify us of your plans by completing and returning the form HERE
• We will follow up to confirm your intentions.
… or request more information by contacting the Humanity for Prisoners office at
616-935-0075 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Humanity For Prisoners is a Michigan non-profit corporation and has 501C3 status, which means that all contributions are tax deductible.
Our list of contributors is not shared with any other charitable organization!
Online donations can be made to Humanity for Prisoners (formerly known as INNOCENT) through PayPal, a safe and secure way to send money to HFP.
To set up an automatic monthly donation withdrawn from your checking or savings account or credit card, download the form HERE and send it in to HFP!
1. On your Smartphone or iPhone, download the Benefit app 2. Register with Benefit, designating Innocent DBA Humanity for Prisoners as your beneficiary 3. Use the Benefit app to shop at retailers like Starbucks, Applebee's, Lowes, Target, American Airlines & more! 4. A percentage of each purchase (depending on retailer) will go back to HFP!
To send a donation to HFP via mail, you can send your donation to:
Humanity for Prisoners
PO Box 687
Grand Haven, MI 49417 616.935.0075
Humanity for Prisoners is able to take other donations besides cash, and those donations are still tax-deductible. Those donations include:
For more information, call HFP at 616.935.0075 or email email@example.com